Now's the Time to Upgrade to Electronic Health Records with Incentive Registration
Registration for the electronic health record ("EHR") incentive programs with Medicare and Medicaid in Michigan began on January 3, 2011. Hospitals, critical access hospitals, and professionals who register and can demonstrate "meaningful use" of certified EHR programs within the extensive guidelines of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services ("CMS") are eligible for the incentives.
Professionals are eligible to receive up to $44,000 over five years and as much as $63,750 over six years. Hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals that participate will, at the very least, be eligible for a $2 million base payment.
CMS also recently announced the following important dates for the Medicare and Medicaid incentive programs’ first year:
- Jan. 3, 2011 – Registration for the Medicare EHR incentive program and Michigan Medicaid program begins.
- April 2011 – Attestation for the Medicare EHR incentive program begins.
- May 2011 – Issuing of Medicare EHR incentive payments expected to begin.
- July 3, 2011 – Last day for eligible hospitals to begin their 90-day reporting period to demonstrate meaningful use for the Medicare EHR incentive program for federal FY 2011.
- Sept. 30, 2011 – Federal FY 2011 payment year ends at midnight for eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals.
- Oct. 3, 2011 – Last day for eligible professionals to begin their 90-day reporting period for calendar year 2011 to demonstrate meaningful use for the Medicare EHR incentive program.
- Nov. 30, 2011 – Last day for eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals to register and attest to receive an incentive payment for federal fiscal year 2011.
- Dec. 31, 2011 – Calendar 2011 payment year ends for eligible professionals.
In order to take advantage of these incentives and ensure timely compliance with CMS's guidelines, contact Foster Swift at (517) 371- 8100.
- Digital Assets
- Health Insurance Exchange
- Affordable Care Act
- Employee Benefits
- Fraud & Abuse
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Department of Labor
- Alerts and Updates
- Health Care Reform
- Workers' Compensation
- Labor Relations
- Legislative Updates
- HITECH Act
- Medicaid Planning
- Electronic Health Records
- COVID-19 and Workers' Compensation
- Did you Know?
- News & Events
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Long-Term Care
Best Lawyers® 2021
Congratulations to the attorneys of the Health Care practice group at Foster Swift Collins & Smith, PC for their inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America 2021 edition. Firm-wide, 44 lawyers were listed. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation and as lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Health Care practice group members listed in Best Lawyers are as follows:
To see the full list of Foster Swift attorneys listed in Best Lawyers 2021, click here.